Thursday, December 21, 2017

Making Your Home the “Cool” Hangout Spot

*This post is brought to you by DISH and I love how it makes my home the place everyone wants to hang out! For a limited time, you can sign up for DISH and receive a free Amazon Echo Dot and Voice Remote. 

Making Your Home the Cool Hangout Spot with DISH

I remember as a teenager I wanted to hang out at my friend’s house all the time because her family had a big screen TV. We’d pack that tiny living room with friends and would squish together on the couch and sprawl across the floor to watch movies like Girls Just Want To Have Fun and Top Gun.

Now, years and years later and with a family of my own, we gather downstairs, snuggle up close on the couch, and watch our favorite TV shows and movies. It’s where we like to hang out and I realize that as my kids are getting older, it’s where their friends like to hang out too. I want to be that house—the one all the kids want to hang out at. I want my kids and their friends to feel like my house is a safe place where they can come and feel at home.

We’ve had DISH in our home for a few years now and I’m a huge fan. Having DISH has definitely turned our house into the cool hangout spot where my kids can invite their friends over to watch the latest movies and my husband can watch football, basketball, and golf with his dad and brother. I love hearing them shout at the TV and even jump up when there’s a great play. I love being with my kids as we all shout out answers to Wheel of Fortune before bed at night.

But possibly one of my favorite parts about having DISH is that it gives my husband and I time to physically connect. Every single night, no matter how busy we are, we carve out a time that we can meet up on the couch, snuggle up, and watch something together. Whether it’s a 30-minute episode of The Office or a Stranger Things marathon on Netflix, we live for those quiet snuggle times on the couch.

The Best New Technology and Innovation

Here are some more reasons we love DISH in our house.

DISH has the Hopper 3 DVR which allows us to watch and record 16 shows at once with no conflicts. It has 2,000 hours of DVR storage so you never have to clean out your DVR (thank you!). You can also view four channels at the same time with the Multi-View mode which means I can watch my cooking show while my husband watches baseball.

But one of the coolest features is the DISH Remote Finder! You just press a button on the Hopper to locate your missing remote. It’s crazy the places my kids have put that remote (in a flower pot, under couch cushions, and once in my son’s play toolbox).

Plus, DISH has a new Voice Remote that they are giving to all new customers! This remote has voice recognition and a track pad to make navigating to your favorite shows and programs easier. With Netflix integrated right into DISH’s DVR, you can switch to Netflix at the push of a button.

That is awesome!

But the newest innovation from DISH is their partnership with Amazon. Now, DISH has Amazon Alexa Integration meaning you can use Amazon’s Alexa Voice Control to control your TV! It’s amazing!! Your home is so smart now, all you need to say is, “Find romantic comedy movies,” and before you know it, your TV is playing La La Land and you’re eye to eye with Ryan Gosling. This is perfect when your fingers are covered in butter from popcorn.

Sign up for DISH now and receive a free Amazon Echo Dot and new Voice Remote to help make your TV watching experience even better! (Offer available through January 15, 2018. See offer code below.)

Call Now: 855-851-1941

Customer Service that Rocks!

DISH really does have great customer service which makes my life easier. With DISH, you’ll get the royal treatment every time. A friendly technician assembled and mounted my satellite dish for free and by using DISH’s My Tech, I could track my appointment and access the technician’s name and photo. (Just in case it turned out to be Ryan Gosling.)

Anytime you need to contact them, DISH offers 24/7 customer service support.

Great Value: Free Echo Dot

DISH offers great value that is very affordable, especially with their 2 Year Price Guarantee. This means no matter what package you choose, DISH is committed to giving you the content you want to watch at the same price for 24 months. Talk about consistency!

And right now is the perfect time to get DISH’s America’s Top 200 package because the Hallmark channel is included. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved all of the original Hallmark Christmas movies. I remember watching them with my grandma as a child. She’d pop us some popcorn and we’d sit there in front of her glowing Christmas tree watching a Hallmark movie that always left you feeling good. To me, that’s what the holidays are about. 

Special Offer Alert*: If you sign up for DISH right now, not only will you get 3 months of free HBO, Starz, and Showtime, but you’ll receive an Amazon Echo Dot and new Voice Remote! To get in on this offer, use the offer code: CJFreeEchoDot.

Call Now: 855-851-1941

Ultimate TV Entertainment

From those cozy evenings watching Hallmark movies with my grandma to now, TV watching has really changed over the years. When I was a kid, I had to get up to turn a knob on a television shaped exactly like a big cardboard box. Today with DISH, you can start watching TV at home and then resume your show on your phone, tablet, or laptop on the go with DISH Anywhere.

This is so great for the five-hour trips to grandma’s house. So instead of fighting, my kids can pass the time watching their favorite shows and movies like Little Einsteins or Moana. It makes the drive much easier on everyone.

DISH is the first major U.S. television provider to offer Netflix on DISH making transitions super easy. You’ll get all of the best channels with all of your favorite shows, plus some new ones to try out. For you sports lovers, DISH gives you access to every game with a number of sports packages. When it’s March Madness time, you can even use the DISH Multi-view mode to watch 4 games at once!

We’ve loved having DISH and I find myself recommending it all the time. With the capability to link DISH to our Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot, it’s made our TV experience awesome! I find we’ve always got a few extra bodies downstairs in our TV room, whether it’s friends, cousins, or family.

I can’t give DISH all the credit…my special homemade popcorn may have something to do with it as well.

The post Making Your Home the “Cool” Hangout Spot appeared first on How Does She.


by Shelley via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...