Friday, June 2, 2017

3 Essential Oils essential for Summer!

If you’ve been around these parts for long, you’ll know that we are firm believers in using essential oils. We use them here. We use them there. We even use them in our hair. I love essential oils so much they even make me rhyme like Seuss! 😉

Everyone has their favorite oils but I’m going to tell you about 3 oils that I could not live without during the sticky, buggy summer months.

I live in the deep south where the chiggers are thick and you can’t even go out in the backyard without bringing a tick back inside with you. Maybe I haven’t lived enough places to know how the bugs are in other areas of the world but y’all, it’s insane here!

I few years ago I decided I had enough with all the chemicals I was slathering all over myself and my kids. I probably read and research too much (#momlife) but I just haaaad to find something natural that actually worked. I heard about essential oils and the rest is history. 4+ years later and still think essential oils are the most magical thing EVER. I could go on and on about their magical powers but I want to share my 3 favorite oils with you that are especially handy in the summer months.

Lemon, Peppermint, and Lavender – if you didn’t buy yourself but 3 oils these three musketeers are the ones I would suggest you buy. They’re magical on their own but become a superpower when you mix them together.

What you will need:

Add 20 drops of each oil and top it off with a carrier oil in your glass bottle.

I keep it with me at all times. It helps the itch associated with those pesky summer bug bites. Plus, did ya know it’s amazing to help with seasonal allergies?! You can apply to the back of your neck, on sinuses, and chest to help relieve seasonal discomfort.

I use this daily on either myself or my kids. Before bed, we take inventory of all their itchy spots and I roll over the spots with the bottle of magic and boom, no getting out of bed to complain that they’re too itchy to sleep. (does everyone else’s kids do that or is it just me?!)

And just as a reminder, lemon oil is photosensitive. This means you should take extra precaution out in the sun when using lemon oil.

I recommend you try it out for yourself. Seeing (or not itching!) is believing. Tis the season for this trio powerhouse of essential oils!

Want to learn more about essential oils but don’t know where to start? This post can break it down for you. We highly recommend you start with the premium starter kit – it includes lemon, lavender, and peppermint along with several other oils to get you started off right. We love Young Living oils and after much research, it’s the only brand we trust for our families. Did you know that Young Living is the ONLY brand of oils that allow people to visit their farms and even partake in the harvesting?! How neat is that! No other essential oil company will let you visit their farms. This was a no-brainer for me when I was trying to find a pure therapeutic brand of oils to use. I love a transparent company and can trust them which is so VERY important.

We LOVE Young Living and think you will too!

And join in on our essential oils discussion on facebook. We have a closed group just for discussing essential oils and how to use them. Hop over HERE and request to join!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. 

The post 3 Essential Oils essential for Summer! appeared first on How Does She.


by Kerri King via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...