Thursday, September 27, 2018

DIY Chalkboard Halloween Town

DIY Chalkboard Halloween Town

I’m sure I’m not alone – you can never have enough Halloween decorations right? I have this massive Halloween town – it takes up an entire wall and I love it so.

Halloween Town
But my wheels started turning and I decided to make a miniature version of a chalkboard Halloween town I could use on my mantle.

I created a template from my large Halloween Town and you can download it here. Save the PDF to your desktop and open it in Acrobat reader. When you print it you can select the pages to be tiled – or you can take the document to staples and have it printed.

Trace the template to wood, foam core board, cardboard or whatever you prefer, I chose MDF. And then cut out the pattern.
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
For endless creative options, use chalkboard paint to paint the houses. (I also think it might be fun to cover them in black glitter!)
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
Once dry, attach the houses together using small hinges, two connecting each house. (Tip: space the houses as far apart as possible for your hinge so you can fold them in and out without issues.)
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
Decorate them to your liking.
Halloween Town
Halloween Town
There are so many fun ways to use this idea:
  • Make one set, or make 5
  • You can create an amazing tablescape with a couple sets
  • Display this on your front porch
  • Cut out some windows and place a candle behind for some spooky light

 

You don’t have long before Halloween – its time to get started! And then of course send me pictures of your awesome creations!

Kara Pothier

See more of my adventures and projects at www.lifewithfingerprints.com

The post DIY Chalkboard Halloween Town appeared first on How Does She.


by Kara via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...