Sunday, October 15, 2017

Deeds of Gratitude – A Thanksgiving Tradition

Every year, I realize the focus becomes less and less on Thanksgiving and more and more on consumerism of the holidays. I know it’s not just me seeing and struggling with this! Do you see it too? As a family, we’ve been really striving to focus on gratitude – especially around the holidays. If I find a book, or an activity or a video, or ANYTHING that helps us align this focus, I want to share it with women all over! This is how I feel about our new tradition, Deeds of Gratitude.
 
  

The thing is, recognizing gratitude is only step 1. I also want my kids to ACT upon that gratitude. I still remember my first experiences with service as a child. They are engraved upon my heart forever, and helped me to live a more grateful life, even at a young age. I desire for my own children to do this. Deeds of Gratitude has helped us to do just that. It inspires positive action for the blessings in your life. This take on a common holiday tradition will have your family showing gratitude instead of just talking about it.

What is this family-changing tradition I speak of?
Let me introduce you.

Deeds of Gratitude is a gorgeous set of wooden Fall leaves that you can display in a variety of ways (I prefer hanging for our family, and whomever enters our home, to see!).

It’s a beautiful set and each Deeds of Gratitude set contains:

– 18 wooden leaf patterns finished with a colorful and durable surface that works great with…
– 1 white chalk marker to write your blessings and acts on the leaves. The chalk marker can be wiped clean from the leaves for reuse year after year.
– A ball of twine to use in a variety of ways to display the leaves.

How does it work?

It’s simple!

1. Identify something you are grateful for and write it on one side.
2. Choose an action that will demonstrate your gratitude and write it on the other side.
3. Display your blessings and thoughtful acts to remember things worth celebrating.

Need an example/idea?

Let’s say your child write they are grateful for their toys.  He/she can gather up any old, but in good condition toys they might not play with and donate them to a shelter.
Or, let’s say I write, I am grateful for FOOD (ummm yes. I am!). My action might be to bake a loaf of bread and take it to someone in my community struggling with their health.

This activity is really one your family will love. You’ll bond over the thoughts and experiences. It’s really something any family of any age or type can do and will be a tradition remembered forever.

Also, can we just talk about how darn cute the leaf garland is? It will look fantastic on your mantle or above your doorway.

Because we love this idea so much, and want you all to participate, we have an EXCLUSIVE discount just for you!

For 3 days ONLY, October 16, 17, & 18, you can get 10% off the Deeds of Gratitude set!
Just use code “THANKFUL10” HERE.

Need a break down again?

1. GO HERE
2.Use code “THANKFUL10” to get 10% off
3. Enjoy all season

BONUS!

And the plot thickens….because we love you so much, you’ll also receive a FREE 5×7 copy of this gorgeous Thanksgiving watercolor print!!!  It is such a simple, yet bold piece of home decor perfect for Thanksgiving. Throw it in a beautiful frame and you’re ready to go!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

The post Deeds of Gratitude – A Thanksgiving Tradition appeared first on How Does She.


by Andrea via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...