Monday, June 5, 2017

Make Dad’s Stories into a Book with Storyworth

*We are happy to collaborate with StoryWorth and let our readers know about their great concept of turning your family’s treasured stories into books you can cherish forever. StoryWorth makes the perfect gift for dad or grandpa!In the past few years, I’ve become more and more aware of my parents’ aging. While I’ve been busy chasing my own kids, they are growing older. Maybe that’s why I’ve felt the urgent need to know their stories. Not only that, but have them written down, so that my children can know how cool their grandparents are.

Just like your life, mine has been richly blessed by special dads and grandpas. They’ve been there to jump my car at a moment’s notice and have offer sage advice when I’ve needed it most. Those dads, grandpas, and fathers-in-law have enriched us with their jokes, their wisdom, and especially their stories.

Turn Dad’s Life into a Book This Father’s Day

Do not let another day go by without learning all you can about the patriarchs in your life. This Father’s Day, give a gift so special that it will be a family heirloom for years to come. Turn dad’s life into a book with StoryWorth.

StoryWorth is an online company that turns your stories into a beautiful hardcover book. It’s like writing your own memoir without having to deal with a publisher! Here’s how it works.

First, sign up through this link to save $20! When you go in together with your siblings, this makes a great inexpensive gift! Next, your dad or grandpa (or whomever you are gifting StoryWorth to) will get an email telling them how to get started. It’s incredibly easy and anyone who can answer an email can do StoryWorth.

Each week dad gets an email with a unique question inside. He types his answer and then everyone in your family can read it. At the end of the year, StoryWorth will send dad a high-quality hard-bound book with all of his stories inside and a customized photo on the cover. I promise you will not find another gift this special.

What Things Will You Learn?

Because each StoryWorth question is so unique, you will learn some cool, fun, and even crazy things about your dad. This is one of my favorites from my father-in-law’s StoryWorth and probably something I would never have learned otherwise.

Question: Who was your first crush and what was special about them?

Answer:

My first crush was LaDonna S. in 7th grade. She was a cute little girl with brown hair and invited a bunch of friends over to her house for a party. It was a dance party in the basement of her home. The music was loud and a lot of people were running up and down the stairs. Well for some reason I thought I would skip a few and jump down the stairs to be cool. It was then it all went bad…hitting my head on the ceiling of the stairs it about knocked me out and I still remember the huge bump on my head lasting days.

Well I walked her home from school several times and called her on the phone a bunch, but after a while it all fizzled out. Good thing cuz I didn’t have time for both her and my new drum set!

Good Men, Good Stories

The dads in your life are full of amazing stories. My Grandpa Forbush could tell you Navy stories that would make you ask, “Grandpa, did that really happen?” My Grandpa Richards had these one-of-a-kind jokes that would make you giggle every time. “Do you know how many people died in that cemetery? All of ‘em!” I wish I had a StoryWorth book for each of them.

My dad used to tell us kids bedtime stories about when he was a kid—the day he found a baby fox and decided it would be a good idea to keep it as a pet; his first time “taking care” of a chicken (aka chopping its head off for dinner!). These stories need to be recorded!

My father-in-law is a treasure chest full of gems. He’s one cool grandpa that can spin a tale that gets the kids all bug-eyed. He’s a self-taught kind of guy who’s learned how to play the ukulele and how to create stained glass, all in his grandpa years. These are the kind of stories that need recorded for your family forever.

Not only will you learn more about your parents and grandparents through StoryWorth, but you will paint a picture for future generations about who their ancestors were.

How cool is it to know where you come from? StoryWorth can be a valuable piece of geneology.

Give the Gift of Storyworth

Give the gift of StoryWorth to the dads in your life. Call up your siblings, go in together on this special gift, and give dad something truly sentimental that your whole family will treasure forever.

Get your $20 Off StoryWorth Offer Here

I’d even buy StoryWorth for myself. There ares to many stories that are fresh in my mind that I’d love my kids to know about. At the end of the year, you’ll have a beautiful book full of your own unique personal stories that you can read to your children and grandchildren over and over again. They’ll never guess you were so cool!

*StoryWorth sponsored this post. All thoughts, opinions, and anecdotes are my own.

The post Make Dad’s Stories into a Book with Storyworth appeared first on How Does She.


by Nicolette via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...