Tuesday, October 23, 2018

5 Mortifying Things My Kids Have Yelled in Public

Kids have no filter, as many of us have learned the hard way. Just yesterday I was walking down the aisle of a store and heard a little voice yell from the next aisle over, “Mom, can I eat this?”

“No, gross! We don’t eat boogers!”

Although I could laugh then, I thought back to times my own four kids have belted out unfiltered and way too loudly in a public place. Hopefully you can relate.

5 Mortifying Things My Kids Have Yelled in Public

1. Caught in a fib

When my nine-year-old daughter (who is like the moral compass of our family) was out running errands with me, we ran into an acquaintance from church who asked if I would be attending the activity that night.

“Oh, I’m sorry, we have something going on tonight,” I said.

“Mom,” my daughter interjected, “we don’t have anything going on tonight.”

I had to back-pedal the whole way out of the store.

2. Alleged child abuse

My three-year-old is going through a funny phase where he accuses everyone of hitting him. If his brother won’t let him play with a toy, he yells down, “MOM…NIXON HIT ME!” When my husband gets stern with him, he yells, “MOM…DAD HIT ME!”

About a month ago, little buddy and I were at Costco and he asked if he could have the superhero costume on display there. When I replied that no, we were not buying that today, he fervently bellowed, “MOM…STOP HITTING ME!”

3. Oh my gosh…I’m so sorry!

Maybe my kids are too observant. Maybe I haven’t talked to them enough about tact, or perhaps knowing when to say something out loud and when to simply think it in your head is an advanced skill.

When my middle daughter was younger, she had this sweet obsession with babies. She loved seeing babies in public and pointing out pregnant mommies. That turned out to be a huge problem. On several occasions, we’d be at the store or park and Piper would say loudly enough to be overheard, “Mommy, that lady has a baby in her belly.”

None of the ladies had babies in their bellies.

4. Seriously, I’m SO sorry.

You can’t blame kids for their lack of cultural understanding. When we were at a community event and my son saw a group of Muslim women wearing Niqab, my son yelled out, “Look mom…ninjas!”

5. Shoot me now.

I had taken my three-year-old with me into the drug store to grab a few items. While we were checking out, he was grabbing items from the displays nearby. He ran up to me holding a box of Preparation H. “Hey mom…here’s your bum medicine!”

 

If similar situations have left you red in the face, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Just know that we’ve all been on the hot seat a time or two.

The post 5 Mortifying Things My Kids Have Yelled in Public appeared first on How Does She.


by Nicolette via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...