Wednesday, January 17, 2018

5 Wellness Goals To Bring You Happiness and Health

*This post is a collaboration with tjmaxx.com to celebrate every woman’s individuality and wellness!

When reflecting on New Year’s resolutions I wanted to make this year, one word that kept coming to mind was “Wellness.”

Wellness is the state of being healthy in body and mind, but it’s also a result of deliberate effort. Wellness is something you have to work at. 

5 Wellness Goals To Bring You Happiness and Health

I can’t rely on others to make me happy or healthy; it’s something I have to journey through for myself. So with that in mind, I chose 5 wellness goals to work on and one place to help me tackle them. I love T.J.Maxx stores! It’s my happy place where I go to shop for clothing, beauty essentials, and home decor. Walking into a T.J.Maxx store is like walking into a real life Pinterest board.

And I’ve most recently discovered something just as good: tjmaxx.com! It’s the same happy place to shop for great deals on women’s and men’s fashions, shoes and accessories, beauty products, home decor, and right now some of the most inspiring wellness products!

T.J.Maxx has curated a beautiful collection of women’s activewear, fitness accessories, and home wellness items like blenders, juicers, and cookbooks to inspire you in the New Year! There are so many fun things to shop for and hundreds of new arrivals each week. I love the surprise of finding new and unique items!

Here are my 5 wellness goals and the tjmaxx.com goodies that are helping me achieve them.

1. Eat more fruits and veggies.

There are so many “diets” out there that come and go. Frankly, I’m not a “diet” person. I find that I feel the healthiest and happiest when I eat sensibly and well-balanced. That means toning down on the carbs and upping the fruits and vegetables. It means eating lean proteins and minimizing processed foods. I feel amazing when I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but sometimes it’s hard to do.

Smoothies are my all-time favorite way to get more fruits, and yes…vegetables! You can literally throw any fruit or vegetable into a blender and get a crazy amount of nutrition! You can also toss celery, kale, or spinach into any smoothie and it doesn’t influence the taste. Or try an orange, carrot, and fresh ginger smoothie which is a yummy combo.

2. Have more home-cooked meals.

Whether it’s me or my husband doing the cooking, it always feels better when we eat at home. We spend less money, eat healthier, and get to spend quality time cooking and eating together.

Grabbing a few new cookbooks every year helps refresh my inspiration to cook. Here are a few inspiring books I just picked up at tjmaxx.com.

3. Increase muscle strength and definition.

I’ve always been a fitness lover and so exercising has been a part of my life since I was a child. That being said, I’ve never felt very strong. One of my fitness goals this year is to increase my muscle strength and even get some definition in my arms, back, and legs.

I’ve really been enjoying the book Strong is the New Beautiful. It’s all about embracing your natural beauty, eating clean, and discovering your inner power. You can find it and other great books at tjmaxx.com!

Again, being happy and healthy is in nobody’s hands but my own. It would be awesome if biceps grew over night, but since they don’t…it’s time to get to work!

And am I the only one that is highly motivated by new workout clothes? I love activewear and Women’s Athleisure is my favorite thing to wear pretty much all day. I mean, check out the back on this fun tank! Anytime I get new workout clothes, I’m like 5 for 5 at the gym.

T.J.Maxx.com has some dang cute workout clothes and fun Active Accessories to get you fired up about getting fit!

Find everything you’re looking for in the tjmaxx.com Maxx You section.

4. Be more present.

Life is so loud and busy with so many distractions. One thing I’m trying desperately to do in my life is be more present. That means taking a chance to savor each moment. Whether it’s at home when my kids are eating breakfast or at one of their basketball games, I want to be there physically and mentally.

For me, that means knowing when to put my phone down and give my complete attention. The number one comment I get from older parents that I meet is that, “Kids grow up so fast.” One minute they’re little, the next they are driving and I don’t want to miss anything in-between.

I need a daily reminder to stop and treasure the little moments and this sign I found at tmaxx.com is perfect for that! Every time I see it, it reminds me to stop, breathe, and embrace the moment.

And as a side note, aren’t these kitty cat bowls THEE cutest thing you’ve ever seen? I spotted them on tjmaxx.com and instantly had to make them mine! The kids love them!

Like I said, T.J.Maxx is the best! (You cans search for your perfect bowls here.)

5. Allocate 15 minutes of quiet “me” time every day.

Daily life in my house is loud, with kids running back and forth, dribbling basketballs in the house and all the noises that busy families make. It’s vital to my mental health to sneak away at least 15 kid-free minutes of “me” time. So whether it’s to steal away a few minutes to read, take an uninterrupted bath, or paint my nails, I’m going to make it happen at the same time every day.

Like many women, inspiration is a big part of my life. When I feel inspired, I feel motivated and I love the new Wellness items at tjmaxx.com that inspire me to live healthy and be happy.

When you shop tjmaxx.com, you’ll find hundreds of new arrivals each week which makes for incredible treasure hunting! You also get free & easy in-store returns to thousands of store locations, and orders of $89+ ship free.

Prefer to shop at your local T.J.Maxx store? I totally get it! (#RetailTherapy) Don’t worry, they’ve got your wellness covered too. In fact, I was just in my local T.J.Maxx store and they have so many fun new home and personal wellness items right now! Check out locations and store hours near you.

Make wellness a part of your life this year because you deserve it!

 

Photos by Kara Jo Eaton

Model: Makenna Ashley

*Thanks to tjmaxx.com for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.

The post 5 Wellness Goals To Bring You Happiness and Health appeared first on How Does She.


by Nicolette via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...