Sunday, September 10, 2017

It Can Wait: 20 Million Pledges and Counting on You

We’re partnering with AT&T on the It Can Wait campaign that is so very important to us. Join the 20 million that have taken the pledge to never drive distracted. No matter what it is…It Can Wait.

I will never forget the moment I brought my first newborn baby home from the hospital. I strapped her carefully into the car seat and made sure every single harness, strap, and buckle was securely fastened.

I got into the drivers seat, buckled my seat belt and looked at her in the rear view mirror. The most overwhelming feeling of love washed over me and a responsibility so palpable descended on my shoulders. I was in charge of this tiny being.

As tears coursed freely down my face, I made her a silent pledge: I promise to keep you safe, always.

20 Million Strong

Last January we introduced AT&T’s It Can Wait campaign, a global movement to spread the message that distracted driving is never okay. No matter what the text, notification, or alert…it is not as important as the people in the car with you.

Since it’s debut, 20 Million people have taken the pledge to put their phones down while driving. 20 million people have decided that It Can Wait. That is incredible!

If the people in your car are important to you, take part in the 20 Million Pledges celebration and take the pledge now! Join the movement that is making a difference in our fast-paced, smartphone-centered world.

The Tipping Point

Taking the It Can Wait pledge doesn’t mean that we’re perfect, but we’re trying. Over the course of this year, I’ve tried to be more aware of how often I reach for my phone. It’s a lot.

The tipping point happened when I read McNeil’s story. A handsome young man who should be going on dates, soaking up college, and getting his pumpkin patch ready right now won’t be able to do any of those things because sadly, another driver was texting while driving.

I remembered that promise I made to my baby that day I drove her home. Now, when I glance in my rear view mirror, four little people who have my eyes all smile back at me. It’s my responsibility to keep them safe. I made a promise then and I can make a similar promise now.

In January, I took the It Can Wait pledge and although I haven’t been perfect, those three words have made me so much more conscientious of where my phone should be while I’m in the driver’s seat. It. Can. Wait.

Making a Change

Smart phones are a huge part of our lives and probably always will be. And that’s okay! But when you get behind the wheel, It Can Wait means:

Putting your phone out of sight, out of mind.

Having your older child or an adult passenger manage your phone while you drive.

Handling your phone business before you start the car.

Pulling the car over and putting it in park if something on your phone commands your immediate attention.

Waiting until you are at your destination to answer a text or an email.

Downloading the AT&T Drive Mode App (Apple and Google Play) to help you keep your promise.

Making a Difference

We can make a difference. We can keep our children safe and prevent fatal accidents by putting an end to distracted driving. Smartphones are here to stay, but through our example, we can teach the next generation of drivers—our children—that their phones can wait. The AT&T It Can Wait campaign is 20 million pledges strong and counting on you. Let’s share this message and help get millions more.

TAKE THE PLEDGE HERE

The post It Can Wait: 20 Million Pledges and Counting on You appeared first on How Does She.


by Nicolette via Home And Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

UTV plowing deep snow by Stanley "Dirt Monkey" Genadek

UTV plowing deep snow How much snow can a UTV push? Let's see if it can plow 8" of heavy wet snow on long runs over a gravel drive...